Wednesday 15 January 2014

Hooray for Nivea!!

If your skin is feeling dry and dull after the frosty Winter, then Nivea is the answer.

I've always been a fan of everything Nivea; moisturisers, lip butters, shower stuff. But this time, they've released something unique. Well as far as I know it is unique...

An in-shower body moisturiser. It's almost like a conditioner for your body. Here's what the bottle looks like:
 


There are 2 types: one for dry skin and one for normal skin. My skin is dry so I got the dry skin one.

If I'm completely honest, I only bought it because it was on sale in Tesco (cheap student remember?) but I was quite impressed. The consistency is quite runny but once you put enough on, it feels good.

You wash yourself as per usual, I exfoliate in every shower I have using my sexy exfoliation gloves. Then, while still in the shower, you put this stuff all over. It doesn't say about putting it on your face but I have sensitive skin so I didn't chance it.

I also left it on for a little while in the shower for that extra smooth you know? Then you simply rinse it off and BOOM, softish skin.

I know, bit of an anti-climax.

Softish isn't exactly going to make you run out and buy a bottle. But the truth is, it is good, the idea is good but it doesn't really make an exceptional difference. It does however feel good if you exfoliate loads, put it on, rinse it off & then use a really thick moisturiser straight afterwards.

OR if you shave with it. Leaves your legs feeling lovely!

Don't get me wrong, it's really nice. But I'm not sure if I'll be buying it again. Maybe if it goes back on sale......

I would recommend you to give it a go, but don't go expecting so much. If it was thicker, I'd buy all of them and there would be none left and I would be the softest skinned lady in the world.

But for now, I'll keep using it and then when it runs out I'll know if my skin feels different without it. I'll keep you guys posted.

On a separate but still relevant note, this lip butter is THE BEST THING EVER. Seriously try it. If your lips are dry & chapped, get this. Don't think about it, just do it. You will not regret it. It was something ridiculously cheap like €3.50 in Boots and I haven't looked back.



Stay moisturised!!
Love always,
Luisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment